Thursday 24 April 2014

Farewell to Barry!

I decided to give  Barry a fitting send off so I paid a quick visit to Wahroonga. Conveniently it's the next constituency. It’ll almost certainly be the last appearance of that Barry anyway. It’s disappeared! I'd love to know who took it and where he is now so, if anyone knows, please drop me a line and maybe even a picture and I'll post it on this blog.
 
 He will, however, be appearing one last time next week at the See Street Gallery, Meadowbank, for the graduation exhibition, complete with his bottle. I'm entitling it "Ask not for whom the Penfolds" or maybe "Home on the Grange"!
 
 

 
 
For the non Aussies looking at this, since I don't suppose it featured large in the foreign press, Google -  barry o'farrell grange hermitage  - to get the joke.
 
 
I'll miss Barry. He was such a good candidate for caricature. Unfortunately the new guy is not however the new deputy, Gladys Berejiklian (I have no idea how to pronounce the surname) has possibilities:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment